UM Shore Regional Health is seeking team members who would like to volunteer to read names for the traveling replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall that is scheduled to visit the Easton VFW from Thursday, May 31 through Wednesday, June 6, 2018.
ABOUT THE VIETNAM TRAVELING MEMORIAL WALL
The purpose of The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall is to honor the country’s servicemen and women who made the ultimate sacrifice during the Vietnam War. The traveling exhibit is a 3/5ths size replica of the original monument in Washington, D.C. The wall measures an impressive 300 feet and is six feet tall.
The traveling wall was created so that the family and friends of those memorialized on the wall, along with everyone on the Eastern Shore, can experience the overwhelming impact of this memorial. The wall will be open 24 hours a day and seven days a week for the benefit of everyone at all times. This event is a solemn presentation of the Vietnam Wall Memorial, and as such will have an air of reverence, honor, and respect.
ABOUT THE VOLUNTEER READING OPPORTUNITY
UM SRH has signed up for 10 time slots on Friday June 1, 1-3:30 p.m., and each time slot is available for two SRH team members (approximately seven and a half minutes per reader). Team members interested in volunteering will be assigned on a “first come, first serve d” basis by emailing Jamie Marvel with your requested time.
Other key information for those interested in volunteering is a follows:
- Team members must NOT be clocked in at work during their time slot.
- All team members who volunteer must attend a MANDATORY readers’ meeting at the Easton VFW on Monday, May 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Team members who volunteer will need to be at the VFW at least 15 minutes before their scheduled time slot.
- Parking will not be available at the VFW. Shuttles will be transporting volunteers to the VFW from pick-up locations located in the parking lots of Kohl’s and the old Black & Decker . Or you may park at the Real Life Chapel and walk.
- SRH will do its best to fit team members into their requested time slot, but it is not guaranteed. A wait list will be created for those with a specific time request that has been taken.
- If you are volunteering to read on your own, please do not sign up for one of the available slots for SRH.
- If you commit to a time slot, please be sure to show up.