Monday, September 17
- UM Memorial Hospital Foundation Golf Tournament – Talbot Country Club. For more information or to register, please contact Amy Lowe of UM Memorial Hospital Foundation, 410-822-1000, ext. 5763, or email email@example.com. You may also register by visiting http://ummhfoundation.org/mhf_events/; please RSVP by August 31.
Wednesday, September 19
- Prostate Cancer Screening – 5 – 8 p.m, UM Shore Medical Pavilion at Easton, 490 Cadmus Lane, Suite 104, Easton,. Free prostate screenings provided by UM SRH and UM CMG – Urology providers. To register, call the Cancer at UM SRH, 410-820-6800.
Saturday, September 22
- Safe Sitter® Class– 9:30 am – 3:30 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown. Taught by pediatric nurses for ‘tweens and young teens, Safe Sitter provides hands-on practice in safety and injury prevention as well as life-saving techniques for those who are home alone, watching younger siblings, or babysitting. Includes basic first aid and infant and child choking rescue. Students also receive instruction on how a child’s age dictates care requirements, how to prevent problem behavior, and how to run their own babysitting business. Cost: $45; some scholarships are available. Limited seating, advance registration required. For more information or to register, call Chrissy Nelson, 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Breastfeeding Your Baby, 9 a.m. to 12:15 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center. Tips and techniques for breastfeeding and pumping. Free; register by phone,: 410-822-1000, ext. 5200.
Monday, September 24
- Prostate Cancer Screening, Dinner and Forum – 5:30 p.m., Mt. Olive AME Church,, 24852 Lambs Meadow Road, Worton . To register, call Andrea Edwards, RN, 410-778-7970.
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesday, 9/18, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton.
- Breast Cancer Support -Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 9/6 and 9/20, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Caregivers’ Coffee – Saturday, 9/8, 9-10:20 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Discussion of varied issues and challenges facing individuals and families assisting patients with cancer. Contact: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 9/24, 7pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/Denton – Thursday, 9/6, 5:30 p.m., St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 S. 5th Avenue, Denton. Led by Karen Canter RN, CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext.5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Easton — Monday, 9/10, 5:30pm, Talbot Senior Center, Brookletts Place, Easton. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/ Cambridge – Wednesday, 9/26, 5:30pm. Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge.Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – Tuesday, 9/25, 6:30pm. Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown St. Led by Chrissy Nelson, BSN, RN, CDE. Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.
- Mid-Shore Stroke Support Group – Thursday, 9/6 12-2pm, September meeting cancelled. Info: Nicole Leonard 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queenstown Stroke Support Group – Tuesday, 9/25/18, 12-2pm, UM Shore Pavilion at Queenstown, suite 320. Diane Lorsong, Speech Language Pathologist “Speech and Language Issues after Stroke.” All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Nicole Leonard, 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or email@example.com