FRIENDS AND FAMILY CPR TRAINING – Tuesday, October 23, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown Education Center, 100 Brown Street, Chestertown, Md., 21620. Family and Friends CPR is offered free of charge for people who want to learn CPR, but do not need a CPR course completion card for their job. This course is ideal for family members and friends of persons with medical problems as well as those interested in learning how to save a life. Refreshments provided. Class size is limited so please RSVP to reserve your spot. RSVP: Philomena Leon, at 410-778-3300, ext. 2170.
ABOUT PULMONARY DISEASE – Wednesday, October 24, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Conference Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown Street, Chestertown, Md., 21620. Come and talk with professionals about various pulmonary conditions including COPD and asthma, how to stop smoking and the benefits of pulmonary rehab. For information contact Philomena Leon, 410-778-3300, ext. 2170
BIG BROTHER, BIG SISTER: SIBLING PREPARATION – Saturday, October 27, 9:30 to 11 a.m., Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 S. Washington Street, Easton, Md., 21601. Designed for children ages 3 to 8. Includes a tour of the Birthing Center plus story time or video. Children should bring a doll or stuffed animal for practice. Free; register by calling 410-822-1000, ext. 5200 and leave a message as instructed.
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesdays, 10/2 & 10/16, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 S. Washington Street, Easton, Md, 21601.
- Breast Cancer Support – Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 10/11 and 10/25, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Caregivers’ Coffee – Saturday, 10/13, 9-10:20 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Discussion of varied issues and challenges facing individuals and families assisting patients with cancer. Contact: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Look Good, Feel Better – Monday, 10/15, 10am – 12 noon, Cancer Center, Easton. Hair, skin and nail rehab before, during after chemotherapy. Presented by Kim Hardesty, ACS Volunteer Beauty Consultant. RSVP to Teri Dulin, 410-820-6800.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 10/22, 7pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/Denton – Thursday, 10/4, 5:30 p.m., St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 S. 5th Avenue, Denton. Led by Karen Canter RN, CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext.5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Easton — Monday, 10/8, 5:30pm, Talbot Senior Center, Brookletts Place, Easton. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Cambridge – Wednesday, 10/24, 5:30pm. Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge.Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – Tuesday, 10/23, 6:30pm. Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown St. Led by Chrissy Nelson, BSN, RN, CDE. Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.
- Queenstown Stroke Support Group – Tuesday, 10/23, 12-2pm, UM Shore Pavilion at Queenstown, suite 280. Featuring motivational speaker, Jose Maldonado, stroke survivor on “Million Hearts.” All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Nicole Leonard, 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or email@example.com
- Mid-Shore Stroke Support Group – Thurs, 11/1, 12-2pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 South Washington Street, Easton, 4th Floor Joint Replacement Center Conference Room. Deborah Weber, manager, Intensive Outpatient Program, Shore Behavioral Health will speak on “Post Stroke Depression.” All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Nicole Leonard 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or firstname.lastname@example.org.