PRETTY PICKINS JEWELRY SALE – Wednesday, November 14, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the Dorchester Auxiliary to benefit hospital programs and services.
IN THE BAG SALE – Wednesday, November 14, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the Easton Auxiliary to benefit hospital programs and services.
HOLIDAY GIFTS AND BOOK SALE – Friday, November 16, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Sponsored by the UM Chester River Health Foundation to benefit hospital programs and services.
UM Center for Diabetes and Endocrinology – Celebration: 10 Years of Caring for Patients in our Community – Friday, November 16, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Nick Rajacich Health Education Center, Rooms C & D. Meet and talk with diabetes providers, educators and staff; hear from patients how the Center has helped them maintain optimal wellness; watch a food prep demonstration by Karen Hollis, RD, CD; learn about treatment options and resources for Diabetes Care; enjoy light fare refreshments. Please RSVP by 11/12/18, 410-822-1000, ext. 5186.
SAFE SITTER(R) CLASS – Saturday, November 17, CLASS CANCELLED.
“Tax Reform: What Do the New Changes Mean to You?” – Saturday, November 17,10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Talbot County Free Library,100 West Dover Street in Easton. Topics include the reduction of tax rates, changes to deductible expenses, 20% pass through reduction, year-end planning strategies and estate and trust changes. Guest presenters: Darian L. Sump, CPA, owner of Sump & Associates, PC and Deborah Walsworth, CPA, CFP, CPC, managing director and tax practice leader, CBIZ MHM LLC & Mayer Hoffman McCann, PC. Limited seating; advance registration recommended. Contact: Janet Andrews at (410) 822-1000, ext. 5792, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BREASTFEEDING CLASS – Saturday, November 17, 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Health Education Center, UM SMC at Easton, 219 S. Washington Street, Easton. Tips and techniques for breastfeeding and pumping, Free; to register, call, 410-822-1000, ext. 5200 and leave a message as instructed.
NOT ALL WOUNDS ARE VISIBLE, A COMMUNITY CONVERSATION – Part II, “Talking About Depression, and Anxiety: Men, Seniors, Chronic Disease and Suicide Prevention” – Wednesday, November 28, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. This event is open to the public and provides and opportunity to hear from and talk to health care professionals and community leaders about depression, anxiety and the road to recovery. It will be broadcast live from UMB Campus Center in Baltimore’ to register for the webcast, visit https://www.umms.org/community/conversations and click on Event Registration.
ELECTRONICS SALE– Wednesday, November 28, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sponsored by the Easton Auxiliary to benefit hospital programs and services.
NOVEMBER SUPPORT GROUPS AND SCREENINGS
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesdays, 11/6 and 20,10 to 11:30 a.m. The 11/6 group will meet in Classroom #4, 2nd floor, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 S. Washington Street, Easton (enter the main lobby, take the visitor elevator to the second floor, turn right and follow the signs.) The 11/20 group will meet in the Health Education Education Center.
- Breast Cancer Support -Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 11/8 and 11/XX, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Caregivers’ Coffee – Saturday, 11/10, 9-10:30 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Discussion of varied issues and challenges facing individuals and families assisting patients with cancer. Contact: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 11/26, 7 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/Easton —NO NOV. MEETING (Veteran’s day) — please see EVENTS regarding the Diabetes Open House on November 16; next meeting December 10, 2018 at 5:30pm Talbot Senior Center 400 Brookletts Ave, Easton. Led by Karen Hollis RD, CDE. Please RSVP 410-822-1000, ext. 5188
- Diabetes Support Group/Denton – Thursday, 11/1, 5:30 p.m., St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 S. 5th Avenue, Denton. Led by Karen Canter RN, CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/ Cambridge – Wednesday, 11/28 , 6 p.m., Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge. Led by Wynne Aroom RN, MSN,CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5286.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – Tuesday, 11/27 at 6:30 p.m. Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown St, Chestertown Led by Chrissy Nelson, BSN, RN, CDE. Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.
- Mid-Shore Stroke Support Group – Thurs, 11/1/18 12-2pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 South Washington Street, Easton, 4th Floor Joint Replacement Center Conference Room. Deborah Weber, Manager, Intensive Outpatient Program, Shore Behavorial Health “Post Stroke Depression.” All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Nicole Leonard 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or email@example.com.
- Queenstown Stroke Support Group – Tues, 11/27/18 12-2pm, UM Shore Pavilion at Queenstown, Suite 320. Holiday Celebration/Luncheon. All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Please RSVP to Nicole Leonard, 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or firstname.lastname@example.org