SATURDAY, MAY 19
- Safe Sitter, 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center, Taught by pediatric nurses, the Safe Sitter program teaches youth ages 11-13 the basics of babysitting, including first aid, CPR and more. Cost: $45 (scholarships available). Limited seating, advanced registration required. Registration: Chrissy Nelson, 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Breastfeeding Your Baby, 9 a.m. to 12:15 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center. Tips and techniques for breastfeeding and pumping. Free; register by phone: 410-822-1000, ext. 5200.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 23
- Chronic Lung Disease: What Is It? How Do We Treat It?, 2 to 3:30 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Conference Center. Free seminar presented by Dr. Fernando DeLeon, pulmonologist and Philomena Leon, respiratory therapist. Includes refreshments. RSVP: 410-810-5666, email@example.com
SATURDAY, MAY 12
- Caregiver’s Coffee, 9 to 10:30 a.m., Cancer Center at UM Shore Regional Health, 509 Idlewild Avenue, Easton. Open to family members, friends and others providing care and support for a patient dealing with a cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Topics of discussion include financial concerns, community resources, stress management, self-care and much more. RSVP: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Introduction to the YMCA LIVESTRONG Program, 4 p.m., Eastern Shore Conservation Center, 114 S. Washington St., Easton. Presentation by Barbara Jarrell, personal trainer, on the benefits of the LIVESTRONG program for patients in recovery from a cancer diagnosis. Open to patients and their loved ones. RSVP: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
MONDAY, MAY 21
- Prosthesis and Fittings Showcase for Breast Cancer Patients, 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Clarke Comprehensive Breast Center, Easton. Presenter: Lisa Lawson. Call for an appointment: 410-820-9400.
TUESDAY, MAY 22
- “In the Bag” Sale, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center, Come and browse through hundreds of brand-name purses, wallets, luggage and other bags of every shape, size and color, priced to sell quickly. Sponsored by the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton to benefit patient care.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 23
- Chronic Lung Disease: What is it and How Do We Treat it?, 1-3:30 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown Conference Center. Free, educational presentation provided by Ferdinand De Leon, MD, pulmonologist and Philomena Leon, respiratory therapist, for those diagnosed with or at risk for chronic lung disease. Includes refreshments and a tour of the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation facilities. RSVP: Sherrie Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, MAY 29-30
- $6 Sale, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, Main Lobby. Sale offers include hundreds of items — jewelry, scarves, socks, hats, kids’ items, purses and more — all priced at just $6. Sponsored by the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton to benefit patient care.
THURSDAY, MAY 31
- Skin Cancer Screening, 5 to 8 p.m., Easton Dermatology. Free Call 410-820-6800 to make an appointment.
MAY SCREENINGS AND SUPPORT GROUPS
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesdays, 5/15, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Birthing Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton.
- Breast Cancer Support -Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 5/17, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 5/28, 7pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/Easton — Monday, 5/14, 5:30 p.m., Talbot County Senior Center, 400 Brookletts Ave., Easton. Led by Karen Canter. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Cambridge – Wednesday, 5/23, 6 p.m., Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge. Led by Wynne Aroom. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5138.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – Tuesday, 5/29, 6:30 p.m., Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown St. Led by Chrissy Nelson. Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.
- Queenstown Stroke Support Group – Tuesday, 5/22, 12-2pm, UM Shore Pavilion at Queenstown, suite 320. All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Nicole Leonard 410-822-1000 ext. 5068 or email@example.com.