SATURDAY, JULY 14
- Caregiver’s Coffee – 9 to 10:30 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Open to family members, friends and others providing care and support for a patient dealing with a cancer diagnosis, treatment and recovery. Topics of discussion include financial concerns, community resources, stress management, self-care and much more. RSVP: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Robin Hood Shop Summer Blowout Sale, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 416 High Street, Cambridge. ALL Shirts (men’s, women’s, including uniform shirts & kids’) will be 25 cents. PLUS, plenty of other clothing and household items to choose from.
FRIDAY, JULY 20
- Prosthesis Clinic for Breast Cancer Patients – 11 am to 4 pm, Clarke Comprehensive Breast Center Contact: Elisa Lawson (410) 822-1000 ext 7156
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY, JULY 25-26
- Special Vendor Sale: Collective Goods (formerly Books are Fun) – 8 am to 4 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester Lobby.
SATURDAY, JULY 21
- Breastfeeding Your Baby, 9 a.m. to 12:15 pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, Health Education Center. Tips and techniques for breastfeeding and pumping. Free; register by phone: 410-822-1000, ext. 5200.
FRIDAY, JULY 27
- Safe Sitter Class/Chestertown, 9am to 4pm, UM SMC at Chestertown. Taught by pediatric nurses, the Safe Sitter program teaches youth ages 11-13 the basics of babysitting, including first aid, CPR and more. The cost is $45 (scholarships available). Due to limited seating, advance registration is required. Registration: Chrissy Nelson, 410-778-7668, ext. 2175
SATURDAY, JULY 28
- For Women: Sex During and After Cancer – 10:30 a.m. to 12 pm, Cancer Center. Changes in women’s sex life related to cancer treatment presented by Chanelle Lake, BSN, OCN and Patty Plaskon, PhD, OSW-C
TUESDAY, JULY 31
- UM Medical Campus at Cambridge: Our Vision for the Future – 6:30-8:30 p.m., Cambridge-South Dorchester High School, 2475 Cambridge Beltway, Cambridge, MD, 21613. Join us for a public information meeting to learn how health care in Dorchester County will be transformed by a new, modern destination health care campus to meet the community’s needs.
JULY SCREENINGS AND SUPPORT GROUPS
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesdays, 7/17, 10 to 11:30 a.m., Birthing Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton.
- Breast Cancer Support – Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 7/19, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Caregivers’ Coffee – Saturday, 7/14, 9-10:30 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Discussion of varied issues and challenges facing individuals and families assisting patients with cancer. Contact: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 7/23, 7pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/ Cambridge – Wednesday, 7/25, 5:30pm. Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5286.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – Tuesday, 7/31, 6:30pm., Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, 100 Brown St. Led by Chrissy Nelson, BSN, RN, CDE. Contact: 410-778-3300, ext. 2175.