HOLIDAY SALE: Mindy’s Jewels (sterling silver jewelry) – Friday, December 7, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton. Sponsored by Memorial Hospital at Easton Auxiliary for the benefit of patient care at UM Shore Medical Center at Easton
CHILDBIRTH PREPARATION: LABOR AND DELIVERY – Saturday, December 8, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219. S. Washington Street, Chestertown, Md., 21620. Free class for expectant parents and birthing partners; includes a tour of the renovated Birthing Center. Free; to register, call, 410-822-1000, ext. 5200 and leave a message as instructed.
PARENTING EDUCATION: New Mom, New Baby – Safety & CPR – Saturday, December 8, 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Strategies for caring for mom, caring for baby and child safety. 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., Health Education Center. Free. To register, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5200 and leave a message as instructed.
HOLIDAY SALE: Fudge Farm (fudge, chocolate covered nuts, pretzels, marshmallows, etc.) – Wednesday, December 12, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Entrance Lobby, UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown. Sponsored by Chester River Hospital Center Auxiliary for the benefit of UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown
HOLIDAY SALE: Collective Goods (books, electronics, accessories, toys, games, etc) – Tuesday and Wednesday, December 18-19, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Hospital Lobby, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Sponsored by the Dorchester Hospital Auxiliary for the benefit of patient care at UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester.
DIABETES AND YOU – Tuesdays, November 6, 13 and 20 , 6-8 p.m., Board Room, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge, Md. A three-session education program to help patients with diabetes learn to manage their condition. Free. To register, call Wynne Aroom, RN, CDE, 410-822-1000, ext. 5286.
DECEMBER SUPPORT GROUPS AND SCREENINGS
- Bridge Clinic Support Group – Every Tuesday, 6-7:30pm, UM Shore Medical Center at Dorchester. Free, confidential support group meeting for individuals who have been hospitalized for behavioral health reasons and could benefit from assistance with issues after discharge. Varied topics based on participants’ needs. Each participant may bring one family member. Info: 410-228-5511, ext. 2140.
- Breastfeeding Support Group – Tuesdays, 12/4 and 12/18,10 to 11:30 a.m. Health Education Center, UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 S. Washington Street, Easton
- Breast Cancer Support -Survivors Offering Support (SOS) – Free program pairing women who have breast cancer with mentors who are breast cancer survivors. If you need support or would like to become a mentor, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5866.
- Cancer Support Group/Easton – Thursdays, 12/13 and 12/27, Cancer Center, Easton. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 443-254-5940.
- Cancer Caregivers’ Coffee – Saturday, 12/9, 9-10:30 a.m., Cancer Center, Easton. Discussion of varied issues and challenges facing individuals and families assisting patients with cancer. Contact: Patty Plaskon, 410-820-6800, ext. 5361.
- Cancer Support Group/Chestertown – Monday, 12/17, 7 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, Education Center. Annual Holiday Pot Luck Supper. Information and support for patients at any stage – diagnosis, treatment, recovery and survivorship. Info: 410-778-7668, ext. 2175.
- Free Blood Pressure Screenings/Easton & Cambridge – Easton: every Tuesday and Wednesday, 9am-12pm, Diagnostic & Imaging Center. Cambridge: every Tuesday & Friday, 11am-1pm, UM SMC at Dorchester, Main Lobby. (Excluding holidays.)
- Diabetes Support Group/Easton — Monday, 12/10, 5:30 p.m., Talbot Senior Center 400 Brookletts Ave, Easton. Led by Karen Hollis RD, CDE. Please RSVP 410-822-1000, ext. 5188
- Diabetes Support Group/Denton – Thursday, 12/6, 5:30 p.m., St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 100 S. 5th Avenue, Denton. Led by Karen Canter RN, CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5757.
- Diabetes Support Group/Cambridge – Wednesday, 12/26, 6 p.m., Board Room, Shore Medical Center at Dorchester, 300 Byrn Street, Cambridge. Led by Wynne Aroom, RN, MSN, CDE. Contact: 410-822-1000, ext. 5286.
- Diabetes Support Group/Chestertown – NO MEETING IN DECEMBER.
- Mid-Shore Stroke Support Group – Thursday, 12/6, 12- 2 p.m., UM Shore Medical Center at Easton, 219 South Washington Street, Easton, 4th Floor Joint Replacement Center Conference Room. Holiday Celebration! All stroke survivors and/or caregivers and family members are welcome. Info: Please RSVP to Nicole Leonard 410-822-1000, ext. 5068 or email@example.com.
- Queenstown Stroke Support Group – NO MEETING IN DECEMBER.