Employee Health Services is gearing up for flu season! UM Shore Regional Health’s Flu Vaccine Policy (HR-70) requires that all employees and volunteers either be vaccinated or submit appropriate documentation for declining as described below. The deadline for compliance with the policy is November 9, 2018, 4 p.m.
GETTING YOUR VACCINE
Employee Health Services will administer the vaccine free of charge to employees and volunteers during the month of October in a series of clinics in UM SRH facilities around the region. The Flu Clinic Schedule (including the hours and locations) will be posted widely and published in Compass beginning September 21, 2018. The clinic rotation schedule includes the following:
A few things to note:
- Please wear short sleeves and bring your UM SRH ID badge.
- If you are pregnant: You will need a note from your OB provider before you can receive the vaccine.
- This is the Regular Dose Vaccine. Egg free vaccine will be available on request.
- If you receive the vaccine elsewhere: Please send proof/documentation with your employee ID # to EHS by November 2, 2018. You may submit it either by email, firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax, 410-822-2555.
PLEASE NOTE: No flu vaccines will be administered in the EHS offices. From October 1 through November 9, 2018, EHS office hours for other purposes will be very limited.
DECLINING THE VACCINE
Under the policy, all employees and volunteers must be vaccinated; declining is allowed for medical or religious reasons.* The deadline for submitting the required documentation is November 2, 2018 at 4 p.m.
If you decline vaccination, you must use the declination form (now available on the intranet accessed under Employee Health Services on this page, http://intra.umms.org/shore/hr/forms, and submit it, along with the required documentation* either by email to email@example.com or by fax, 410-822-2555.
*Declining for medical reasons requires a one-time note from a physician or advance care provider indicating the medical need for declination; however, the declination form must be completed every year.
*Declining for religious reason requires a note from clergy.
EHS SERVICES DURING THE FLU VACCINE CLINICS TIME PERIOD
If you have a need or concern requiring the attention of Employee Health Services during this time period, call 410-822-1000, ext. 5549 and leave a message. Phone messages will be checked periodically each day. You may also email us, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If the matter is URGENT, call ext. 5145 and your message will be relayed to us.
- If you are requesting records, please include your name, date of birth, contact number and what you are requesting. The turnaround time is up to 72 hours.
Thanks for helping to keep our patients, staff and volunteers healthy all year long!