The third and final phase of the construction project ongoing at UM Shore Regional Health’s Diagnostic and Imaging Center will begin on Monday, October 26 and continue until the project’s completion in April 2016.
The 14-month project, totaling approximately $6.5 million, began on February 2, 2015 and encompasses most of the Center, including all laboratory and imaging spaces. It will also incorporate the expansion of the Clark Comprehensive Breast Center, named in recognition of a $5 million gift from The Clark Charitable Foundation, a private philanthropic organization funded by the A. James Clark Family. Once completed, the Clark Comprehensive Breast Center will provide a variety of breast health services at the Diagnostic and Imaging Center, including consultation and diagnostic procedures.
During the third phase of construction, patient parking and the main entrance to the Diagnostic and Imaging Center will be altered. Signage will be in place to direct patients to parking areas and the Center’s entrance. Additionally, free valet parking will be available until the project is completed. As always, volunteers from the Auxiliary of Memorial Hospital at Easton will be on hand to direct patients to their desired testing areas. Normal hours of operation will continue Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. until noon. Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services remain available at this location and patients utilizing those services will continue to enter on the left side of the building.
There will be a transitional period between the completion of Phase 2 and the beginning of Phase 3, which will involve changes to work and patient areas throughout the Center.
The plan for this phase of the project is as follows:
- Between now and Monday, 10/26, supply items and personal items can be moved into the completed Phase 2 area where locking cabinets and drawers are available
- Team members located in the Phase 3 area will relocate over the weekend of 10/24-10/25
- Phones, computers, and printers will be relocated over the weekend of 10/24-10/25
- Patients will be seen in the completed Phase 2 area beginning Monday, 10/26
- Phase 3 construction begins on Monday, 10/26
- Free valet parking for patients will begin on Monday, 10/26
- Valet parking services will be conducted out of room 125 (the room adjacent to the DIC entrance for patients- right entrance)
- The reception of patients will be done out of Room 129
- Room 120 (identified as Lab Waiting) will serve as both imaging and lab waiting.
- Team members will enter through the DIC left entrance
- The employee time-clock will be relocated to the hallway along the DIC left entrance (close to radiology reading room)
- Card access will be installed on the DIC left entrance door
“Each day, more than 200 patients utilize the Diagnostic and Imaging Center for their laboratory and imaging needs,” comments Robert A. Frank, Senior Vice President of Operations for UM Shore Regional Health. “This renovation project will enable us to provide a more efficient, updated space for our patients throughout the region, who frequent the Center.
Frank adds, “Thank you to our patients, visitors, team members and volunteers for their continued patience and cooperation as we work to enhance the accessibility and convenience of diagnostic services at UM Shore Regional Health.”