This year, International Infection Prevention Week (IIPW) is raising awareness of the important role we all play in preventing the spread of infection.
Whether you are in a health care facility or in the community, there are steps that healthcare professionals, patients and families can take to stay safe from infection.
- Hand hygiene- Cleaning your hands is one of the simplest and most effective ways to prevent germs from being passed from person to person.
- Cough etiquette- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of the tissue promptly and wash your hands.
- Get vaccinations- Get your flu shot and stay up-to-date on your vaccinations.
- WEAR ANYTHING TIE DYED on Friday, October 19, to show your support!
- PARTICIPATE in the Selfie Contest!
Here is a quiz to help you make sure you are up to date on the best measures for infection control:
To learn more, visit the Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology’s (APIC), https://apic.org/