The stars will align at 7 p.m. on Saturday, November 18, 2017, at Chestertown’s Garfield Center for the Arts when local “celebrities” take their seats as Las Vegas-style casino dealers to help raise funds that will support health care services and patient care in Kent County.
“This is the fourth Shoot for the Stars Casino Night,” says Maryann Ruehrmund, executive director, UM Chester River Health Foundation, which is sponsoring the event. “It tends to sell out quickly because The Garfield Center for the Arts is a very elegant but relatively small venue, so we encourage people to purchase tickets early.”
According to Ruehrmund, arriving guests will be treated to a glass of Sparkling Vidal Blanc, compliments of Crow Vineyard and Winery, and $25,000 in chips for the casino-style games, which include: Craps, Roulette, Caribbean Stud, Three Card Poker and Blackjack. (Additional chips may be purchased throughout the evening.)
A sumptuous selection of heavy hors d’oeuvres provided by Occasions Catering will be available throughout the evening, and a coffee and dessert bar will be provided at the conclusion of gaming. Entertainment will be provided by the very popular Phil Dutton and the Alligators, who will perform Louisiana-style music from Satchmo to Chenier, and will surely get you dancing!
Phil Dutton and the Alligators
At the close of the evening, guests will cash in their chips for the chance to win five incredible prizes including a luxurious Williamsburg, Virginia holiday getaway for eight guests, a long weekend in Washington, D.C., a 20-bottle “divine wine basket” and more.
In addition, tickets for a 50-50 raffle are now on sale at the front desks of UM Shore Nursing and Rehabilitation Center and UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown, and at Foundation’s office. Attendance at the event is not required to win the raffle.
Community “celebrities” who have signed up as croupiers (dealers) for the night include:
- John Haines, RN, Nursing Supervisor, UM SMC at Chestertown
- Sherrie Hill, RN, Coordinator, Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation, UM SMC at Chestertown
- John Carroll, Galena Mayor and UM Chester River Health Foundation Board member
- Ron Fithian, Commissioner, Kent County and Town Manager, Rock Hall
- Angela Pritzlaff, RN, transitional nurse navigator for Chestertown
- Barrie Frazier-Meima, Foundation Board member
- Dan Saunders, Esq., retired Foundation Board president and Shore Regional Health Board member
- Loretta Lodge, executive director, Kent County Chamber of Commerce
- Myra Butler, board member, UM Chester River Health Foundation and Shore Regional Health
- Bill Short, Kent County Commissioner
Tickets are now on sale for $125 (of which $75 is tax-deductible as a charitable donation) on a first-come, first-served basis, as seating is limited. Guests are encouraged to dress in cocktail attire. For more information or to purchase tickets, please call Deb Lauser, 410-810-5661. Tickets and sponsorship opportunities are also available online at: http://umshoreregional.org/shootforthestars.