The team of (l to r) Sandy Bjork, Jane Hukill, Marti Hawkins and Sue Edson won the award for “Most Honest Score” at this year’s 21st annual Chester River Health Foundation Golf Tournament.
University of Maryland Chester River Health Foundation held its 21st annual golf tournament May 29 at Chester River Yacht & Country Club, drawing 128 golfers to help raise funds for state-of-the-art technology at UM Shore Regional Health’s three medical centers.
The tournament netted about $55,000 toward the purchase of iRounds™, which allows physicians and nurses to assure inpatient satisfaction in real time, right at the bedside. The total cost of the technology will be $100,000.
The tournament’s winning teams are listed below. Each first place team received a $100 gift card per golfer for the club’s pro shot. Each second place team won a $75 gift card per golfer.
First place winners were as follows:
• Low Gross, Men: Steve Bryson, Jim Martini, Dave Norsworthy and Don Palatos
• Low Gross, Mixed: Ron Athey, Erin Gillespie, Jim Gillespie and Peter Murphy
• Low Gross, Ladies: Susan Haggerty, Jackie Phillips, Debbie Williams and Genie Wootton
• Low Net, Men: David Fike, Kevin Fike, Fran Gunsallus and David Lee
• Low Net, Mixed: Gary Bigelow, Brian Leutner, Linda Ruane and Walter Zajac
• Low Net, Ladies: Marjorie Adams, Margie Elsberg, Dinah Riordan and Paddy Tobey
Second place winners were as follows:
• Low Gross, Men: Paul Boyd, Jamie Brawner, Nick Elgin and Ronald Miller
• Low Net, Men: Don Cantor, Walt Geddes. Bill Noll and Bart Stolp
A prize for Most Honest Score was awarded to the team of Sandy Bjork, Sue Edson, Marti Hawkins and Jane Hukill. Each team member won an official Baltimore Orioles fan shirt, donated by the Major League Baseball club.
UM Chester River Health Foundation is a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization serving the fundraising needs of UM Shore Medical Center at Chestertown and UM Shore Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at Chestertown.