Nancy Bedell, manager of Employee Health for UM Shore Regional Health, has released the following detailed information about TEAM WELLNESS, the new employee health program for Shore Regional Health team members at all locations:
Wellness incentives, which include three Required Elements and two Approved Activities, are effective January 1, 2015 for enrolled staff, as follows:
Required Elements — All three due by June 30, 2015: Team Wellness participants must complete these three elements by June 30, 2015, to continue earning wellness incentive beyond July 31, 2015:
- Complete an online Health Risk Assessment
- Submit an online Tobacco Affidavit
- Complete an annual physical, including required lab work, through your primary care provider and submit proof (physicals done between 7/1/14 and 6/30/15 are acceptable)
Approved Activities — Any two due by November 30, 2015: Team Wellness participants must complete two additional activities by November 30, 2015, to be eligible to participate in the Team Wellness program in 2016 and to continue earning the wellness incentive beyond January 1, 2016.
(Note: Participants may complete two of the same requirement; for example, two preventive screenings, two coaching sessions etc.) The following are the approved activities:
- Join a weight management program and submit proof directly to our Wellness Provider. (Participants may join any program and must submit proof of active participation for at least one month (for example, met a goal and/or completed activities in the program qualifies; just attending one session during the month would not qualify).
- Submit proof of a gym/fitness facility membership and attend two times per week for two consecutive months, completing at least 30 minutes of activity per session, as recorded by electronic app or device tracking, and submit proof directly to our Wellness Provider.
- Obtain two or more preventive screenings/s during the time period 12/1/14 – 11/30/15, and submit proof of two screenings directly to our Wellness Provider (examples: dental exam, vision exam, pap smear, colonoscopy, skin screening, etc.).
- Complete a tobacco cessation course and submit proof of completion.
- Participate in two on-site or telephonic coaching session(s) sponsored by our Wellness Provider.
- Participate in an on-site challenge sponsored by our Wellness Provider.
- Participate in a group discussion(s) sponsored by our Wellness Provider.
- Participate in seminars or webinars sponsored by our Wellness Provider.
NOT ENROLLED BUT INTERESTED IN DOING SO?? Just wait a few months — team members who are not currently enrolled in the program will be able to join during Open Enrollment in May, 2015.
Dorchester, Queenstown & Easton team members, contact BHS: 877.935.5262 or Coach@bhsonline.com You can also visit the BHS website by logging into www.bhsonline.com, username: Shore
Chestertown team members, contact Allegeant: 800-748-8641 or email email@example.com. You can also visit the Allegeant website, www.healthjibe.net.